ISCAR is introducing the IS25 and IS35 new SiAlON ceramic grades for machining high- temperature alloys.
Both the IS25 and IS35 ceramic grades were developed for very high cutting speeds and interrupted cut applications on nickel based heat resistant alloys such as Inconel, Waspaloy, Rene, etc.
The new grades are characterized by their high hardness and wear resistance that increase productivity on super alloy materials such as Inconel 718 and Waspaloy. They provide an advantageous performance when compared with conventional carbide grades.
- Excellent wear resistance and fracture toughness
- Excellent thermal shock resistance
- Excellent for roughing and semi-finishing operations
- Can be used with similar machining conditions such as whisker-reinforced grades
- Price advantage over the whisker reinforced grades